Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Other Side of Me.

I am a dreamer. It's true. I always have big ideas and sometimes I follow through and sometimes, I don't. But I am a dreamer. And my new dream is one that I refuse to give up on. I dream of being beautiful and confident. Of smiling and believing that I'm beautiful. I dream of losing 103.5 pounds in the next year. That's right. I, Charmsey (or Charms, or Kate, whatever you know me as), am embarking on a journey during 2011.

I have a few ideas as to how to make this happen. The first is my use of the website 3fatchicks.com. I have already found great support there. I'm also tracking my caloric intake at FitDay. Hopefully this will keep me honest. I also plan to take regular progress pictures. (You will see the first below.) I'm also going to work my way into a vegetarian lifestyle (crazy, huh?!). Most important to this plan, though, is that - despite my busy schedule - I am vowing to take the stairs instead of the elevator, to walk the long way if I have time, and to do whatever I can to up my physical activity.

So there it is. Charms will soon be a new girl. I will be the best version of me I can be. 

Here's the first picture to show you where I'm starting. It's not pretty, but it's true.


To be continued... x.Charmsey Out.

3 comments:

  1. I love you.

    I am with you on this, 110% with you.

    (I keep thinking about starting one myself... but I'm not quite as brave as you are.)

    (Love, Your big sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jac - Thank you! :) Start one with me. We'll keep each other accountable. Because I'm legit doing it this time. I decided so. I'm 21 and I should be living up the best years of my life...those years should be with me looking my best, too! JOIN ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this sounds great. It's how I feel too. I started on oct 19th of 2010 and I've lost 41 lbs. I'm on 3fatchicks.com too. (lottie63)

    I'll bookmark your blog, I look forward to seeing your progress!

    I'm gonna start a new blog today I think. I have oen over at sparkpeople that I just use for daily accountability. But I kind of want something somewhere else, maybe wordpress, to talk more about 'food issues' specifically (addiction mainly, and maybe some politics of Big Food since that's a big thing for me.)

    I went veg july 2009 btw, went vegan nov 2010. It helped me to switch to a 99% whole foods diet and not eat all that processed morningstar crap. It also made me endlessly creative in the kitchen! ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete