Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Dieting, in and of itself, is a great life choice. Getting healthy almost immediately means you'll feel better, have a longer lifespan, and gain confidence in yourself. But the act itself is not without its struggles. I, for example, don't like to withstand cravings. That much is true. I did fantastic today, with a semi healthy lunch and not overdoing it too badly during dinner. I was proud.

But when my big sister - Jax - and I began our evening plans of Grey's Anatomy and hair dying, I immediately fell into a routine with her. We both enjoy food. A lot. It's not a crime, you know? So, by my word, we went and got a Papa Murphy's Pizza. Part of my desire for this all-time comfort food was just a long day, the other part was memories of my sister and I watching a Grey's season finale with Pizza Hut, feet up on the coffee table, and a great night as we watched Denny Duquette die after receiving a heart transplant.

The memory is a good one...and Pizza tonight made it even better. And the cookies, don't forget the cookies.

Moral of the story: I associate food with happiness, I think. When I get stressed, I eat. When I get scared, I eat. When I'm happy, I eat. I just eat to feel... and that's not okay. That, I think, will be the biggest part of this battle.

Just something else to work on, but that cheesy goodness was wonderful.

I know I went over on my caloric intake goals, but I'll just start again tomorrow. Thankfully I hadn't snacked much before during today - and I can still do this.

I will still do this.


To be continued... Charmsey out.

No comments:

Post a Comment