Monday, January 10, 2011

First Day Back to the Gag...

Here at good ol' WSC, we refer to our cafeterias as the Gag. Upper and Lower Gags. They're, well, interesting places with many choices. From Taco Bell to French Fries, to the occasional fruits and vegetables. Probably the hardest part of being on a diet in college is staying on track with cafeteria food as the mainstay of your edible items. No joke. So I gave myself a goal for this week:

Each day, I want to find at least one healthy substitution for my plate. Today, I did quite well:
  • Breakfast: Instead of sausage & hash browns, I ate oatmeal and an apple.
  • Lunch: Instead of french fries with my sandwich, I had a salad and cooked broccoli.
  • Dinner: Instead of delicious looking chili-cheese fries, I had pork, potatoes, and green beans. AND, instead of ice cream for dessert, I indulged in angel food cake with strawberries and a wee bit of whipped cream. 

Now for the best part: I stayed within my caloric goals today, even with a piece of banana bread as a snack, and am super proud of all of that. 

So, I went to work out tonight and put in a good 30 minutes on the elliptical machines. I saw the dreaded scale as I was leaving...and I was like, "Well, it's been a few days, better step on." And I expected to see myself down a pound. 

But I wasn't down a pound. Or even two. Nope. I was down a whopping 3.4 pounds from the last time I'd stepped on a scale!!! Talk about being proud and pumped. So I'm a total of 6.9 pounds closer to losing my 103.5 goal. I'm excited. And so motivated. 

In the meantime...check out my friend's blog about her wedding journey. Give it a read! She's awesome and a huge support of mine.

Finally, best news ever: snow day tomorrow! More time to work out, right?! :) And start on some of that class work...

4 comments:

  1. YAY for you!! I haven't been doing near as good - but I'll catch up!

    (http://lowfatjac.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jac - You'll do awesome. I know it! :) I'm glad you started a blog, too.

    ReplyDelete